Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Old school remedies

Listening to: my HP printer at 12.43 at night. The end of my working day.

I had a weird moment tonight. I came home and found that a couple of embers had left some nasty burned marks on the carpet in front of the fire. We rent our house, so these kind of things make me gasp. (I guess if you own your own home, you might also gasp a smidgen.) Anyway, from the depths of some part of my brain came the memory of reading something about rubbing a silver coin on the burned spot. And it worked. Where had I heard this from? My mother? Some old magazine from back in the day? (They used to have handy tips for the housewife back in the old times you know, not the latest on Brad and Angelina.) Memories are so strange like that. You remember something but you have no idea where the hell it came from. I just DO NOT know where that came from, but it surfaced when needed. God, I think I'm getting old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am wiser on this subject now that I've read your blog on printer ribbon I was impressed with the information presented. I have seen another blog with related information printer ribbon

NewsBlogger said...

Hello, my name is Rose,
I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION abouthome business and found your site.
I was looking out for home business related information. Anyway, I am glad I have stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match.
Sorry, I have see that your Old school remedies wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest.
It does will be a pleasure, if you contact me. Perhaps we have some same ideas. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz

NewsBlogger said...

I am Rose, and I have SEARCHING out FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION ON home business and found your site.
Sorry, I have see that your Old school remedies wasn't exactly, what I was looking for, but, certainly got my attention and interest. If you like you can contact me. Your page I see row why I found when I was looking for home business related information. Anyway, I am glad I stopped by even though this isn’t a perfect match. Wish you success with your site.

Fritz