Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Mystification

Listening to: You Forgot it in People, Broken Social Scene

I was checking my blog stats today (not something I do very often) and found that someone in Invercargill looked at 43 pages. I don't think I know anyone in Invercargill. Maybe life is really boring down there. Maybe they were having a dull day at work. Anyway, Invercargill person, if you are popping back to see what exciting things I have been up to... well, hello there!

It's almost three in the morning and I have come to a grinding halt. I have a multitude of jobs to complete at the moment and I'm looking forward to a day of quietness tomorrow when I can get a big chunk done with no interruptions. What with it being Waitangi Day (link for the benefit of those non-NZ readers) and all, it's gonna mean no phone calls or email. Sweet.

Today I finally had my accounts guy over to get my 2006 tax return in (just a wee bit late!) I found that I had another boomer year for Parlour, but where the hell does all my money go! I mean, I don't do any overseas travel, I don't eat out all the time, I don't buy lots of fricking fancy expensive clothes. It's a bit depressing really. I'm just not a saver. This has to change! I hope to make this the year I get my financial shit together. My accounts guy has advised me to keep a log of all my spending. Now that could be scary.

Well, I reckon it's bedtime if I'm gonna have a productive day tomorrow (today?).

5 comments:

s. said...

I really wanna know how one knows that someone in Invercargill is perusing their wares. How does one?

Rose said...

One installs Site Meter, is what one does.

http://www.sitemeter.com

Once you've installed it, a small Site Meter logo will appear on your page along with a counter to track visits. When you click on the logo it takes you to the Site Meter site where you can check your stats. And it's FREE!

paintergirl said...

It's a crazy thing. I like to see someone showing up from a place I don't think about often.

s. said...

Oh. Heh. I have Site Meter; I just hadn't noticed all the flash new features they've added. Like, being able to tell you your visitor came from Invercargill. Score.

Epiphany Trustworthy said...

Read your blog and you will see where some of your money goes.......
movies, bands, cds, books all those things you write about that make people from Invers read your blog in the first place.....
anyone from Eketahuna reading it?