Sunday, February 19, 2006

Deerhoof

Okay, I have just been to one of the best gigs of my life. Deerhoof just kicked off their world tour and how cool it was to be the second international gig of the tour. These noise popsters have moments of weird jazz bridging straight into rock guitar riffs that drill into your head like a machine which then switch to quiet moments accompanied by the sweet voice of the dimunitive asian singer. I think it's this constant swing between the hard and the soft that I love about Deerhoof. Yin and Yang. Cutesy one moment, hard-arsed rockers the next. A pop melody suddenly jarred apart by big big drums and darkly deep bass guitar thrum - then back to sweet-voiced pop again. There wasn't a big crowd at Indigo, but everyone there was loving it. I've had Deerhoof in my head now since the gig. They are so much fun. I wish I could do it all again.

The support of So So Modern was a good match.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rad.