Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Dark

Okay, so the show went okay. It was kinda fun actually, and I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. Here's how it looked on the gallery wall on the opening night. Had a few wines, went out for dinner… the usual drill.

Here's my artist statement:
"I’ve been photographing light for a while now. I’ve always loved the dancing reflections of light on walls and ceilings. Capturing it seemed a fun thing to do, especially on my new digital camera - the results were instant. I ended up with a collection of abstract forms. I thought about light and shadow. About how delightful the play of light bouncing off a shiny object onto a ceiling could be. And then about how, as a child, dark shadows in my bedroom at night could be so menacing. I tried putting the two of these things together. The dark. The light. My light/shadow creatures were born. They’re not scary. But they have a slighly dark side."




3 comments:

paintergirl said...

how completely cool. I want to see more of these. Why do I want to see them in 3D-like a stuffed felt creature.

Glad you had a nice time.

The Concordes are a big hit here now.
Jos just played their Bowie bit for me. I laughed so hard my face hurt.

Margaret Larkin said...

I love art and would've gone to your show if I lived there.

Rose said...

thanks PG! oh, wouldn't my creature make a funny stuffed thing?

Yeah, the Conchords have done well. Go, those boys!