Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SESSION TWO: At Home with Rose

It's my non-noise week for my radio show, so a mix of old and new of mixed genre. Okay, Ladyhawke is totally pop, but I love "Paris is Burning". I can't justify it – I just like it.

I'm hoping I can eventually play my show completely live without having to plan ahead, but for now I'm having to do it this way. Been a bit lazy with the links - might add some more in if I have time. I seem to be having a very busy week.

Included are three of my all-time favourite NZ songs - Tall Dwarf's "Nothing's Gonna Happen" (felt like my teenage theme song at the age of 15), The Chills' "Pink Frost" and "Down in Splendour" by Straightjacket Fits. I always did prefer Andrew Brough's voice to Shayne Carter's.

www.radio23.org from 7 to 9 in the morning.

Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No!, The Mint Chicks, Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No!, 2006
No Plans, Collapsing Cities, Collapsing Cities EP, 2007
Paris Is Burning, Ladyhawke, Ladyhawke, 2008
Holding Back One, Bachelorette, Isolation Loops, 2006
And The Earth Knew Absence, Bachelorette, Isolation Loops, 2006
Bockaw, Leila Adu, Cherry Pie
Memory Bells, John White, Mogwash, 2004
Sailor's Song, John White, Mogwash, 2004
It's Mwangi In Front Of Me, Ruby Suns, Sea Lion, 2008
Afternoon in Bed, The Bats, Thousands of Tiny Luminous Spheres
Eyes Rarely Meet, Age Pryor, A Low Hum (Disc 2), 2004
Somewhere Over The Moon, Mëstar, Shut The Squizwot Factories Down, 2007
Float On A Feather, John White, Balloon Adventure
The Mystery Lair, Lawrence Arabia, Lawrence Arabia, 2006
The Thinnest Air, Lawrence Arabia, Lawrence Arabia, 2006
I Don't Mind (Lawrence Arabia Remix), Dudley Benson, The Orders, Medals & Decorations EP, 2006
Pink Frost, The Chills, Tuatara - A Flying Nun Compilation, 1991
Dirge, The Verlaines, You're Just Too Obscure For Me
Slow Sad Love Song, The Verlaines, You're Just Too Obscure For Me
One More Reason, Bailter Space, Tanker
Down In Splendor, Straitjacket Fits, Topless Women Talk About Their Lives compilation
In My Craft Or Sullen Art, Mink, For My Mink, 1996
Freeways, The Reduction Agents, The Dance Reduction Agents, 2006
The Pool, The Reduction Agents, The Dance Reduction Agents, 2006
Elmira Vs The Latchkey Kid, Grayson Gilmour, Phantom Limbs, 2005
Stonesthrow, Grayson Gilmour, Phantom Limbs, 2005
Telephone Senor Kleeno, Disasteradio, Disasteradio, 2002
Casiotone Video Lesson, Disasteradio, Disasteradio, 2002
Sleeping During The Day, The Mint Chicks, Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No!, 2006
If My Arm Was A Mic Stand, Would You Hold My Hand?, The Mint Chicks, Crazy? Yes! Dumb? No!, 2006
Ole Rinka, Ruby Suns, Sea Lion, 2008
Fear Of Opening My Mouth, Collapsing Cities, Fear Of Opening My Mouth, 2008
Skeleton Dance, So So Modern, Real Groove Presents...Awesome Feeling, 2007
How Am I Not Myself?, Shocking Pinks, Shocking Pinks, 2007
Hands, Barge, Barge By Name Barge By Nature, 2007
Any Any, Skeptics, If I Will I Can, 1990
Nothings Gonna Happen, The Tall Dwarfs, It's Bigger Than Both Of Us compilation

2 comments:

starlajo said...

Damn, I wish I'd been listening - Nice playlist!
I love that Mink song - I haven't heard it in around ten years. I once played it on my radio show (I had one for about 6 months on Access in Wellington) when I was 17 - Eep!

I'm a total pop fiend, so I love Ladyhawke. :)

Rose said...

Mink were good, eh? I remember seeing them at Bodega waaaay back.