Monday, March 16, 2009

SESSION SEVEN: AT HOME WITH ROSE

Playlist for transmission: 17 March 2009 8-10 pm NZ time (midnight Pacific time)

Podcast: to Feedburner

I just saw Seht perform as part of a fantastic line-up at Happy in the weekend. Seht, then Pumice, then Grouper (Portland, OR). A great night. Seht played live remixes of his divine Christian Jesus, I Will Determine A Suicide which I have decided to play here in it's entirety. Why? Cos I can! Those first strands of sound that gradually billow out of the gloom floor me every time. I find Seht's music very filmic and visual. It conjures up looming entities from clouds of inky smoke. It's the music Brian Eno would make if he were a ghost.

Last week I had a really bad time with my show. The playlist and the podcast don't match up 'cos I had serious technical hitches. Never mind. Hopefully this show is going to go without a hitch. I sitll don't have mic-overs, but maybe next time. It's all coming together as I get my head round the technology and the necessary software. Learning new stuff is fun!

Also the time slot will help matters. Getting outta bed at 6.15am and into the technical aspects of the show by 6.45 are not conducive to a hitch-free session. Even though I do consider myself a morning person.

Line In Tail Out, Peter Jefferies, Closed Circuit, Emperor Jones. (0.21)
Gin Over Sour Milk, Autistic Daughters, Uneasy Flowers, Kranky. (5:06)
Green Dream, Alistair Galbraith, Cry, Emperor Jones. (0:43)
Whenua, Isle Park, unreleased, 3:36
Untitled 3, White Winged Moth, I Can See Inside Your House, Poon Village. (1:06)
Oh and From the Beach, Wreck Small Speakers on Expensive Stereos, River Falling Love, Ajax Records. (2:11)
Midnight at Mangawhai Beach (Skeleton), Claypipe, Jewelled Antler Library Vol. 8: Wayside, Jewelled Antler. (5:03)
~~~, Claypipe, Jewelled Antler Library Vol. 8: Wayside, Jewelled Antler. (1:44)
Thoar, Alistair Galbraith, Runner compilation, Next Best Way. (1:16)
Depresso Guitar, Greg Malcolm, Homesick For Nowhere, Corpus Hermeticum. (7:27)
untitled, eso steel, two ways, Drone. (4:52)
Decayer, Omit, Tracer, Helen Scarsdale Agency. (3:01)
PI.Quad.15.1, Gate, My Dear Sweet Reluctant Sweetheart, Hell's Half Halo. (5:47)
the i it is chosen the soldiers i, Seht, Christian Jesus, I Will Determine A Suicide, Foxglove. (29:09)
and metal beets, Seht, Christian Jesus, I Will Determine A Suicide, Foxglove. (11:14)
Red Hut, Lovely Midget, Self Titled, Corpus Hermeticum. (3:18)
The Tone The Charm, Crude, Syringes and Insects, Open Source Audio. (8:47)
Pretty Mushroom Clouds, Peter Wright, Pretty Mushroom Clouds, Archive Recordings. (5:21)
Forest Flower, Alistair Galbraith, Cry, Emperor Jones. (3:11)
Untitled, Parmentier, Luxsound, Sigma Editions. (12:33)
North Head, Lovely Midget, North Head, Family Vineyard. (4:58)

Live footage: Autistic Daughters - Gin Over Sour Milk

2 comments:

s. said...

Hola... just FYI the (sub)titles of the Xian Jesus album are:

1. the i it is chosen the soldiers i
2. and metal beets

(as per: http://www.inlandscenic.net/stephenclover/seht/xianjesus.html)

Rose said...

thanks. will update.