I've been tagged by Ms Webweaver!
Here are five things you didn't know about me (and probably don't want to).
1. When I was about five my brother threw a piece of coal at my sister. She ducked. I copped it in the eye. Some little chunk of the coat actually ended up under my skin beside my eye and I could feel the little gritty thing in there for ages while it worked its way down the side of my nose till it just disintegrated and disappeared. It was kinda freaky.
2. I went through a stage at around the age of ten of pulling out my eyelashes. I don't think I was a maladjusted child, but it was a strange habit. I once had long curly lashes. They never grew back the same. I remember having bald patches in my lashes where I had pulled all of them out. I assure you, I grew out of this one.
3. I can't stand rodents. Rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, mice. They all creep me out, especially en masse. There's a guinea pig enclosure at the zoo and it makes me feel sick looking at them. I used to have pet mice as a kid and I put it down to the bad experiences I had with the little blighters.
4. My favourite pet was a goat that I got as a Christmas present when I was about 9 or 10. I loved that goat so much that one night I snuck out and curled up next to him and slept there. His name was Bilbo Baggins and when we had to leave him behind when we shifted up north when I was 14 I was pretty devastated. I would love to have another pet goat again one day.
5. I performed in an operetta when I was at primary school. I can't remember what it was called but I was one of the leads and I had to speak in a German accent. My parents thought I was great. Or so they said.
I had to laugh reading #2. How on earth did your mum cope and what possessed you? I love your pet goat. You should have one again. When you move to the country, it will be a perfect place. Sweet Rose curling up next to her goat. You should make a children's book based on that. My son would love a story about having a pet goat.
Hmm, I might have to hunt out some of my goat photos. Me and the goat. He really was a neat pet. I still think about him sometimes.
Zoos in New Zealand have guinea pigs on display? That's the best they could do? I'm so saddened.
However, if they mixed the guinea pigs with a tank of snakes, boy howdy, now we have some fun.
Post a Comment