Tuesday, January 09, 2007

And life goes on...

It seems that I'm starting to pick up the pieces now, thankfully. I've been getting out and about. Went to see Cansei de ser Sexy the other night, which was a lot of fun. I actually went with my 19-year-old son! How sweet is that. So So Modern were the perfect support band. They are one of the best things on the Wellington band scene as far as I'm concerned. I bumped into a guy I haven't seen for 12 years! That was way cool. He was a close friend and we had completely lost touch. Bit of a surprise. He hasn't changed a bit.

I went to see Babel last week. Definitely worth seeing. I've really been seeing so many movies lately. It's a good way to keep my mind off other things, but of course, it's always great to get along to the movies. I'm heading along to Marie Antoinette tomorrow night.

I'm somehow managing to get through my work. I really am still quite behind, but I think I can wing it somehow.

I'm still feeling like I have a bit hole in my life, but I'm feeling stronger every day. Life goes on. It has to.

3 comments:

paintergirl said...

I think you are doing the best thing possible. Getting out of the house and seeing some good movies. It really helps. So are you going to keep in touch with your old friend?

paintergirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rose said...

Yep, movies are just the best medicine for me. Moving my headspace into another place is very healthy right now. Yes, I think I'll see my friend again. It's kinda cool to hang with someone from back in those days - I knew him when I had just moved to this city and there are some fun memories there.